A Spectrum of Volkswagens

5/29/09


"The soul becomes dyed with the color if its thoughts," said Marcus Aurelius. If so, my Magellan soul has become a spectrum of Volkswagens lately.

Unable to decide how I will handle the issues presented in my last post, I'm ignoring the them and thinking about paint colors!

I had another bus when I was a senior in high school and I gave it a high quality spray paint paint job (no really, it actually looked good - I spent lots of time prepping.) It was a beautiful candy-apple green below and pastel white above. I'm inclined to reproduce this color scheme, but my girlfriend is against it. She would prefer yellow/white or beige/cream. While, I like the look of yellow/white, it feels a little too girly for my camping bus imaginings. What to do, what to do ...

Here are some images of buses that I have liked. Mostly, I'm drawn to the camping and exploring represented by these pics, but some are for the colors.
Image credit goes to individual bus owners on www.TheSamba.com and to a New Mexico custom bus restoration shop called Catch The Bus - www.catchthebus26.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment